Happy New Year!
Welcome Back! We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Musicology School of Music is so excited to see where this year takes us and we would like to thank each and every one of you for your loyalty.
During the move we had a few bumps in the road, but we are getting back to a smoother course. We are extremely thankful for our students and their parents and the support you have shown us over the years.
We would not have come this far without you. We hope throughout this year your love for music grows even stronger and that we can be there to encourage you along the way. With that being said, we would like to remind you of a few things changing this year. You can find that information on the next page. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us at 256.325.6099, email us at email@example.com, or stop by the office at any time. Thank you again. -Musicology School of Music
2016 Musicology School of Music Calender
Open House/Ten Year Anniversary
Memorial Day (CLOSED)
Labor Day (CLOSED)
Halloween Party/Room-a-treat/Rock Band Concert
Dece.3rd & 4th
Dec. 24th -26th
December 31st -January 1st
New Year Break
Dear Valued Customer,
First off, Musicology would like to wish you a very Happy New Year! We sincerely hope that you all have a prosperous 2016! As most of you know, we moved into our new location in December of 2015. Our new facility has increased our teaching capacity and will allow us to serve you better in amore convenient location. Having our own recital hall saves Musicology students from having to pay recital fees and allows us to provide four free recitals a year. Things are going great so far (except still no internet!!!!) and there is tons of potential and possibilities for growth. However, our operating costs have more than doubled with the move to the new building. Due to this fact, we are going to have to go up $2 per month. Our hope is that this small increase won’t adversely affect our clients’ individual finances, but collectively, it will help us out tremendously. Starting February 1st, all lessons will now be $96 per month instead of $94. We will still offer the family/multiple lesson discount. It will now be $89 per month instead of $87.
Concerning Band Class:
In 10 years of operation, we have never gone up on band class. Our band program has seen tremendous growth over the last year. With this growth, we had to hire more staff to help facilitate the classes. Starting February 1st, band class will now be $45 per month.
Thank you all so very much for your patronage. We greatly appreciate each and every one of you and it is because of you that we get to teach music for a living. We have always and will continue to strive to be the best music school with the best teachers around.
Quentin Roddie and Eric Brown
Co-Owners of Musicology School of Music, LLC
CHANGES IN AUTO PAY
Starting in October 2015, the credit card processing world is undergoing major changes. Due to all of the credit card fraud in recent years, the industry has gone to security chips on credit cards. These new cards need new technology (new card readers) for processing. These changes will affect the fees that we are charged per transaction. Due to these new fees, Musicology will no longer be accepting credit or debit cards. Through research, it has become evident the most cost effective way for Musicology to proceed, beginning January 1, 2016, is to only accept ACH payments. ACH payments are payments withdrawn from a checking account instead of a cred or debit account. We are sorry for this inconvenience, but to continue credit card processing it is not an option for Musicology at this time. We believe in the safety of your information. We do not keep records of your banking information after it has been put into the encrypted data processing system. The only thing we see are the last 4 digits of your account number. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Quentin Roddie, Eric Brown, or Kat Galinaitis at the office. Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Sincerely, Quentin Roddie and Eric Brown Co-Owners of Musicology School of Music, LLC
STUDENT OF THE MONTH:
1. What instrument do you take at Musicology? Glockenspiel
2. How long have you taken lessons? 1 ½ years
3. What are your hobbies, besides music? Riding my bike, math, and reading.
4. What is your favorite food? Hot Dogs
5. What is the coolest thing you’ve learned in your lessons in the past 3 months? Minor scales
6. What do you like about your teacher? He is funny and gives me stickers
Group Make Up Class Schedule for January
Beginning Piano: January 2nd & 23rd @ 9am, January 14th @ 7pm
Intermediate Piano: January 8th @ 4pm, January 26th @ 5:30pm
Beginning Guitar: January 2nd, 16th, & 30th @ 12pm, January 8th @ 4pm
Intermediate Guitar: January 9th & 23rd @ 12 pm, January 11th @ 5:30pm
Beginning Voice: January 2nd, 16th, & 30th @ 4pm,
Intermediate Voice: January 9th, 23rd @ 12pm
Beginning Drum: January 8th @ 4pm, January 16th @ 9am
Intermediate Drum: January 9th @ 9am
Mallet: January 30th @ 9am
Strings: January 7th @ 6:30
Teacher of the Month:
1. What are the things you like the most about teaching? My favorite thing about teaching is not only being able to pass on what I know about playing music, but I also have the opportunity to learn along side a student because of the limitless possibilities music has to offer both the musician and the listener.
2. How do you inspire students to practice more? First and foremost, I try to have a big smile on and laugh throughout each lesson to show how much fun playing an instrument can be. Then whatever the lesson might be I show the student little riffs and progressions to use to make it a little interesting. That way it doesn't just seem like a boring endeavor.
3. What part do you feel that playing or singing in a group has in a student’s development? Not only can it be inspiring to play in a group, but it also allows the student to have fun while playing. Probably the most important thing in playing is to love it and have some fun while doing it.
4. What is your favorite type of music? I enjoy all kinds of music because each genre has it's own structure and feeling, but I absolutely love hard rock and heavy metal. Just having that extra aggressive tone makes the music sound powerful, but still conveys an emotional feeling.
Musicology School of Music teaches over 500 students a week from the Huntsville / Madison area.