Christmas Student Showcase
We are so excited for our Christmas recital next month. You can sign up online starting the first week of November and the last day to sign up will be November 16th. The recital will be held at Crosswinds Church in Harvest. The times are listed below. Please sign up for a time that coincides with your instructor’s schedule. Thank you.
Musicology is so excited to announce that we are moving! When Musicology moved to the Castle Drive campus, our business grew from 120 students to almost 400! We are so happy that our love for music has moved its way into the hearts of so many students! On behalf of Musicology, we would like to say thank you to everyone who has stuck by us through the years and the transitions.
We have simply grown to large for our current building and we are very hopeful that this will be our last move! The address to our new building is 7445 Hwy 72 W, Madison, AL 35758. Less than a mile away from our Castle drive location! Our first day there will be Saturday, November 28th. If you have questions or concerns please contact the office!
Musicology School of Music
Nov 25th - 27th
Closed Thanksgiving Break
Christmas Student Showcase
Times Listed Previously
December 24 - 26
Closed for Christmas Holiday
December 31st - January 1
Closed for New Years
MDA Camper of the Month
This is Alex. He is 16 years old and this summer was his 9th year as a camper at the Alabama MDA Summer Camp. He has Duchene muscular dystrophy, a genetic disease that makes his muscles, including his lungs, weak. He drives his power wheelchair with a joystick to get around, and his voice is often a whisper. But as you can see from the smile on Alex’s face, that doesn’t stop him from enjoying life. Especially while he is at MDA summer camp! Alex’s family and friends are so thankful for MDA. They know that MDA is fighting for Alex and everyone living with a muscle disease. And, they are thankful for friends in hometowns like Madison who support MDA. Thank you for supporting MDA!
CHANGES IN AUTO PAY
Starting in October 2015, the credit card processing world is undergoing major changes. Due to all of the credit card fraud in recent years, the industry has gone to security chips on credit cards. These new cards need new technology (new card readers) for processing. These changes will affect the fees that we are charged per transaction. Due to these new fees, Musicology has decided to partner with a new processing company. Through research, it has become evident the most cost effective way for Musicology to proceed, beginning January 1, 2016, is to only except ACH payments and no longer except credit cards. We are sorry for this inconvenience, but to continue credit card processing it is not an option for Musicology at this time. We believe in the safety of your information. We do not keep records of your banking information after it has been put into the encrypted data processing system. Because of this safety measure and the move to the new processing company, we will need a voided check from each client, including those who are currently enrolled in ACH auto pay. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Quentin Roddie, Eric Brown, or Kat Galinaitis at the office. Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Sincerely, Quentin Roddie and Eric Brown Co-Owners of Musicology School of Music, LLC 256.325.6099
STUDENT OF THE MONTH
1. What instrument do you take at Musicology? Piano
2. How long have you taken lessons? 4 years
3. What are your hobbies, besides music? Playing video games, baseball, and playing with friends!
4. What is your favorite food? Chocolate cake with chocolate icing
5. What is the coolest thing you’ve learned in your lessons in the past 3 months? The theme song to Superman. I got to play this for my class when we studied sound in science!
6. What do you like about your teacher? She encourages me to play new songs and she gives me candy when I work hard! :)
GROUP MAKE UP CLASS SCHEDULE FOR NOVEMBER
Beginning Piano: November 7th @ 9am, November 13th @ 4pm
Intermediate Piano: November 17th @ 5:30 pm November 6th @ 6:30pm
Beginning Guitar: November 6th @ 4pm, November 7th @ 12pm
Intermediate Guitar: November 14th, 28th @ 12pm
Beginning Voice: November 7th, 21st @ 4pm
Intermediate Voice: November 14th, 28th @ 4pm
Beginning Drum: November 20th @ 4pm November 28th @ 9am
Intermediate Drum: November 21st @ 9am
Mallet: November 14th @ 9am
Strings: November 19th @ 6:30pm, November 23rd @ 5pm
Teacher of the Month:
1. What are the things you like the most about teaching? My favorite thing about teaching is witnessing a student develop into an actual musician and starting to think on their own while their creativity progresses and they start to write their own music.
2. How do you inspire students to practice more? I’m basically a big kid myself, so I try to laugh and have as much fun possible, all while learning what we want to play. If music is as fun as it should be, then the kids will want to practice more.
3. What part do you feel that playing or singing in a group has in a student’s development? Playing in groups is the most important thing ever! Playing with people is not only humbling, but also inspiring. When you play with musicians that are better than you, that pushes you to improve, and you learn new things from them as well. Plus there is no cooler feeling in the world than creating your own song with multiple people’s input and seeing what it becomes.
4. What is your favorite type of music? Although I enjoy everything, my favorite types of music are punk and metal. As a teenager, all I wanted to do was play in a band, and there is nothing cooler than music with an attitude! \m/
Musicology School of Music teaches over 500 students a week from the Huntsville / Madison area.