Musicology to Join with the MDA
Last year, co-owner Eric Brown partnered with the MDA and many of you helped bail him out of the MDA lock up.
This year Musicology School of Music, LLC has decided to team up with the MDA once again. At our Christmas recitals we will have special guests from the MDA coming to celebrate our partnership.
The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is the world’s leading nonprofit health agency dedicated to finding treatments and cures for muscular dystrophy, amyotrophic sclerosis (ALS) and other neuromuscular diseases. It does so by funding worldwide research; by providing comprehensive health care services and support to MDA families nationwide; and by rallying communities to fight back through advocacy, fundraising and local engagement.
In Alabama, MDA is currently funding two research grants totaling almost $575,000.
In Alabama, MDA provides care from top health professionals in four multi-disciplinary clinics, including one specifically for ALS patients.
Over 60 children living with the challenges of muscle disease attend the Alabama MDA Summer Camp each year.
MDA’s annual week-long summer camp program brings smiles and hope to about 65 children in Alabama who live with the challenges of living with muscle disease by providing an environment where barriers don’t exist- a place where they can develop lifelong friendships, share interests, build self-confidence and develop independence. It also provides a week-long respite for their caregivers while their children are being cared for by the most amazing, caring, and well trained staff of volunteer camp counselors.
Each month, beginning in September, we will feature one MDA camper. We will learn about each camper and continue to learn about the benefits of supporting this great organization. Also in September we will provide a link for donations. This website will be available to Musicology students up until the Christmas recital on December 5th.
Last year we were able to donate over $2,000 to the MDA. With your help we hope to exceed that number and brighten the lives of those associated with MDA.
Musicology School of Music, LLC Will Hold Open House August 8th and 9th
Musicology School of Music will have an Open House August 8th 12pm-4pm and August 9th 2pm-4pm to perspective students. Please invite friends and family that you know to this event. Remember Musicology’s referral policy. Anytime one of your friends joins Musicology you will receive $23.50 off your next months tuition. On August 9th our rock bands will be performing in our recital hall from 2pm-4pm for perspective students.
STUDENT OF THE MONTH
1. What instrument do you take at Musicology? Piano
2. How long have you taken lessons? One year
3. What are your hobbies, besides music? I love art and animation. I have been drawing since…forever!
4. What is your favorite food? Hamburgers.
5. What is the coolest thing you’ve learned in your lessons in the past 3 months? How to get through an entire piece without stopping!
6. What do you like about your teacher? Kelli is amazing! She’s super funny and cool!
Group Make Up Class Schedule for August
Beginning Piano: August 6th, 20th @ 5:30pm August 8th @ 9am
Intermediate Piano: August 13th @ 6:30 pm August 22nd @ 11am
Beginning Guitar: August 9th, 22nd @ 1pm
Intermediate Guitar: August 10th @ 7pm August 15th , 29th @ 1pm
Beginning Voice: August 15th, 29th @4pm
Intermediate Voice: August 8th, 14th, 22nd @ 4pm
Beginning Drum: August 6th @ 5pm August 22nd @ 9am
Intermediate Drum: August 15th @ 9am
Makeup Mallet: August 1st, 29th @ 9am
Makeup String: August 13th @ 6:30 pm
TEACHER OF THE MONTH
1. What are the things you like the most about teaching? I like passing on my knowledge that I’ve learned to my student and helping my students reach their goals.
2. How do you inspire students to practice more? I assign repertoire that the student likes. For example, I assign their favorite song or piece that they heard and liked.
3. What part do you feel that playing or singing in a group has in a student's development? I think it is very crucial. I think it’s very important for a student to play/sing with other students who play/sing well.
4.What is your favorite type of music? I love pop and classical music
Musicology School of Music teaches over 600 students a week from the Huntsville / Madison area.