Our next Student Showcases are planned for Sunday, March 15th. They will be at Musicology in the Performance Hall and are planned for the under 13 showcases to be held at 2 and 3:30pm. We have also planned an over 13 Showcase for 5:00pm.
At Musicology School of Music we want every performance opportunity to be a successful and positive experience for the performer. To ensure this positive environment Musicology has adopted a few guidelines.
1. Every Performer must have your instructor’s approval before signing up for a Showcase.
2. You must sign up on or before the cutoff day. No exceptions will be made.
3. You cannot add guests after the cutoff date. No exceptions will be made.
School Of The Year?
Musicology School of Music LLC has been nominated for Music School of the Year by the international organization M.A.S.S. Eight music schools from across the United States, Canada, Europe, South America and Asia will compete for the title of School of The Year. Co-Owner Eric Brown will be presenting on behalf of Musicology on April 26th in Columbia South Carolina.
The Winner of the Contest will win $10,000 dollars and will receive a personal visit / consultation at the winners school from the director of M.A.S.S. Musicology has been nominated for this award due to the explosive growth over the last year. In less than one calendar year Musicology doubled their student enrollment.
Co-Owner Eric Brown says, “ We are honored to even be in this contest. I am excited to present to fellow music school owners what we have done here in the last year. I am even more excited to learn what the other seven schools are doing to further their success.” To prepare for this contest, we need your help. We are asking for Students to give Video Testimonials about their experience here at Musicology. Students / Parents are asked to Video themselves with their phones and answer three questions.
1. What’s your favorite thing about Musicology?
2. How is Musicology a fun learning environment?
3. Compared to other Schools in our area, why did you choose Musicology?
Student / Parents can send the videos to
Musicology School of Music
Student Show Case
Under 13 2:00pm & 3:30pm
Over 13 5:00pm
Musicology/Paul Mitchell fundraiser
for the Gary Sinise Foundation
School of the Year Presentation
April 24th – 26th
May 1st- 2nd
Musicology School of Music Anniversary / Open House
Family Fun Expo VBC
July 18th & 19th
Summer Student Show Case
Customer Appreciation Day / Open House
Closed Labor Dar
Madison Street Festival
Halloween Room a Treat / Rock Band Costume Party
Nov 25th - 27th
Closed Thanksgiving Break
December 6th & 7th
Christmas Student Showcase
New Make Up Class has great benefits for students!
On March 10th, Musicology will be offering an Intro to Performance Class. This class is designed to help students better prepare for a Student Showcase. The class will consist of helpful performance tips, a chance to perform in front of others, and a chance to play on the instruments that are used during the showcase. Co-owner Eric Brown will be teaching the class and invites everyone to participate especially the students who will be performing in their first showcase. To sign up for the class you can go to the website or call the office. Makeup credits for any instrument can be used for this class. The Class only has twenty spots so don’t delay if you want to enroll yourself or your student into the class.
3 Easy Practice Tips
1. Play through the piece. If you are going to learn how to play a piece of music, you need to play it many times. The first few times you go through the whole piece, play or sing slowly with attention to what the notes are and how you go from note to note. After that, start looking at the rhythm. Beginner pieces usually have very little differences in rhythm. That helps get you started.
2. Do short sections five times. When a beginner student can identify and recognize a hard part of the music piece, that’s an important milestone. Next comes the ability to play that tough part by itself. Then, playing it five times in a row cleanly, means the student will soon master the musical selection and progress to the next song or next level.
3. The Easy Memory Method. This is a way to get a different part of your brain involved with your practice. You play one or two bars of music. Stop and turn 90 degrees. Play the part again without looking at the chart. You are involving your short term and muscle memory at the same time.
Student of the Month:
1. What instruments do you take at Musicology? Voice
2. How long have you taken lessons? 1 ½ years
3. What are your hobbies, besides music? Reading and creative writing
4. What is your favorite food? Pizza!!!
5. What is the coolest thing you’ve learned in your lessons in the past 3 months? How to improve breath work for longer notes
6. What do you like about your teacher? Eric is not only a great teacher, but a funny guy with a passion for what he does.
Group Make Up Class Schedule for March
Beginner Piano: March 5th 5pm March 12th 5pm March 14th 9am March 19th 5pm March 26th 5pm
Intro to Piano: March 24th 7pm
Intermediate Piano: March 28th 11am
Make Up Beginning Drum: March 5th 5pm March 28th 9am
Intermediate Drum: March 21st 9am
Make Up String: March 7th 12pm March 14th 12 pm March 21st 12pm March 28th 12pm
Beginner Voice: March 12th 5pm March 14th 4pm March 21st 4pm
Intermediate Voice: March 7th 4pm March 28th 4pm
Beginner Guitar: March 7th 2pm March 14th 9am March 27th 4pm
Intermediate Guitar: March 10th 7pm March 17th 6:30pm
Intro to Guitar: March 31st 7pm
Make Up Mallet: March 7th 9am
TEACHER OF THE MONTH
What do you teach? I teach piano, voice, flute, and the occasional beginner clarinet.
What do you like most about teaching? I love giving each person the opportunity to learn his or her own way without getting bored or frustrated. You don't usually get that chance in a big group setting. It's awesome to see students reach their goals and surpass them, all while HAVING FUN.
What is your favorite type of music? Oh boy...it really depends on what mood I'm in! For the most part I love anything with an interesting beat and nice, thick chords. Oh, and awesome bass lines!
Do you have any upcoming performance? Not at the moment, but who knows what could happen in the future!
Free Lesson Gift Certificate
Thank you Campbell
for referring your brother Barrett
This Gift Certificate is given by our friends at Flashlights and Fireflies
Want a Free Lesson?
Dear Musicology Student,
One of the ways that Musicology is able to grow is by enrolling great students just like you.
Please consider referring your friends or family members to the school.
Ask your Instructor for more details.
Musicology School of Music teaches over 600 students a week from the Huntsville / Madison area.