December 22nd- 27th
Eric B, Rollin P, and Lily A, vacation.
December 6th 13 yr & under
December 7th 14 yr & over
What’s Happening at Musicology
Christmas Recitals have been set. The Children Recital will be Saturday December 6th at 4:00pm and 6:00pm. The Adult Recital will be Sunday December 7th at 3:00pm. If you are performing please be in the Group make up class room ten minutes before the recital begins.
Gift Certificates: Looking for the Perfect Christmas Gift? Musicology has what you need. Giving the gift of music is something that can truly last a lifetime. Sports are enjoyable, but there comes a time when Father Time makes us all retire from our favorite sport activities. But Music is something that someone can enjoy through every stage of life. Musicology will be offering Gift certificates for the holidays. They make great stocking stuffers or gifts for friends and co-workers. Call the office or ask Peyton about purchasing one.
Christmas: December 24th -26th
December 31st - January 1st.
Please keep in mind the holiday schedule above.
Monthly tuition is based on a 48-week year. We are closed for major holidays. In the long months, you will get five lessons, short months such as November and December, you will get three lessons, and most months you will get four lessons. The tuition is the SAME each month; i.e. we don’t charge you more when you have five lessons, and we don’t charge you less when you have three lessons in a month. This make everyone’s accounting easier. (The Previous excerpt is from the 2014 Policy and Procedures)
Band Class Openings:
Musicology School of Music has immediate openings in band classes (ages 13-18) for Bass Guitar, Piano, and Back Ground Vocals. If you are interested let your instructor know. Also we have any guitarist or drummers (that have teacher approval) that would like to be in a band, if we have enough interested we will start a new class.
2015 Policy Changes
I hope everyone is doing great and getting ready to enjoy the holidays! This has been a big year for Musicology; a new location, new teachers, a front desk employee, and lots of performance opportunities for our students. Thank each and every one of you for allowing us to be a part of your lives. The teachers and myself often talk about how fortunate and blessed we are to get to teach and play music for a living. It wouldn't be possible without you, so again, we send out a heart-felt thank you to each and every one of you.
With all the changes over the last year, we need to make some changes ourselves to ensure that we continue to give you and/or your child the best possible music education we can provide. Here are the changes we have made and will make:
1. We moved to a new location! Our new location has 12 teaching rooms, a large group lesson/multipurpose room, lots of outdoor space to have concerts outside in the summer time and a recital hall! If anyone hasn't seen the facility, let us know and we'll be glad to give you a tour.
2. We are doing away with the 8 hour notice policy starting immediately. From now on, if you call in advance, you will be given a make-up credit. We always have our Saturday make-up times available, but we are constantly adding more make-up times during the week as well. Each one of our teachers has committed to teach one or more make-up classes per month, so that's at least 14 make-up classes per month our clients have to choose from with a year to use the credit. If you pick your child up from school at 3:00 and they are sick and can't make their 3:30 lesson, give us and call and you can make that lesson up. If you don't call and don't show up, the lesson is still forfeited.
3. We now have 14 teachers on staff. This gives you many more options to schedule your/your child's lessons and allows us to offer instruction on many more musical instruments.
4. We hired front desk help to help answer phones and take care of scheduling issues that arise.
5. Now that we have our own recital hall, we have been having recitals more frequently. Our recitals are and will continue to be free. Many music schools charge a recital fee (we have had to do this in the past) or subtract a lesson from the students for every recital in which the student participates. As long as we have this facility, we will not charge a recital fee again!
6. We have done background checks on every teacher at Musicology. The worst thing a Musicology teacher has on their record is a speeding ticket........because we were rushing to get to Musicology to teach you!!! LOL! Maybe that was just me. :-)
It has been our pleasure to bring these changes to you. However, our operating costs have more than tripled since moving into our new location last February. To cover the cost, we are going to have to go up on our prices, effective January 1, 2015. We are only going up $2.00. If you pay $92.00 per month, it will now be $94.00. If you get the multiple lesson discount and pay $85.00 per month, it will now be $87.00 per month. At this price, we are still one of the most cost effective schools in the area and are offering our clients, we feel, much more bang for their buck! If you have any questions, please feel free to call the office at 256-325-6099.
Thanks so much!
Founder and Co-Owner of Musicology School of Music, LLC
Student of the Month: Jane Simons
1. What instrument do you take at Musicology? Voice
2. How long have you taken lessons? 2 ½ years
3. What are your hobbies besides music? Interior Design
4. What is your favorite food? Chicken
5. What is the coolest thing you've learned in your lessons in the past 3 months? Being able to hit higher notes
6. What do you like about your teacher? She is very patient and she instills confidence in me.
is the official photographer for Musicology School of Music LLC
Free Lesson Gift Certificate
Thank you Current Student
for referring your friend or Family Member
Want a Free Lesson?
Dear Musicology Student,
One of the ways that Musicology is able to grow is by enrolling great students just like you.
Please consider referring your friends or family members to the school.
Ask your Instructor for more details.
Group Make Up Class Schedule for December
Beginner Piano: Dec. 46h 4:00pm Dec 13th 9:00am Dec18th 4:00pm
Intermediate Piano: Dec 11th 4:00pm Dec 13th 11:00am
Make Up Drum: Dec 4th 5:00pm Dec 6th 9:00am Dec 20 9:00am
Make Up Mallet Dec 27th 9:00am
Make Up String: Dec 5, 12, 19 @ 5:00pm
Beginner Voice: Dec 11th 6:00pm Dec 16th 4:30pm Dec 27th 4:00pm
Intermediate Voice: Dec 13th 4:00pm Dec 20 4:00pm
Beginner Guitar: Dec 9th 7:00pm Dec 13th 9:00am Dec 20th 9:00 Dec 23rd 7:00pm
Intermediate Guitar: Dec 6 12:00pm Dec 19th 4:00pm Dec 27th 12:00pm
Musicology School of Music teaches over 500 students a week from the Huntsville / Madison area.