Closed for Thanksgiving: November 26th-28th
Breakfast with Santa at Parkway Place- December 6th 9:00am
December 6th- 13yr & Under Recital 4:00pm & 6:00pm
December 7th- 14yr & Over Recital 2:00pm & 4:00pm
What’s Happening at Musicology
What a fun time we all had at our 13 and Under Recitals last month. A big shout out goes to all the performers who braved the Stage. We would also like to thank all of our teachers who came and helped out in various ways throughout the recitals. We have never had so many wonderful compliments by our parents. Please share them on our Facebook page please.
Redstone Village, an assisted living community, has asked Musicology to bring our students on Sunday November 9th at 2:00pm, to perform for their residents.
The Christmas Recital has been put on the website to sign up for. The Children Recital will be performing Saturday December 6th at 4:00pm and 6:00pm. The Adult Recital will be Sunday December 7th at 2:00pm & 4:00pm. The Deadline to Sign up for the Recital is November 17th. No exceptions will be made.
Thanksgiving: November 26th – 28th
Christmas: December 24th -26th
New Years: December 31st - January 1st.
Please keep in mind the holiday schedule above.
Monthly tuition is based on a 48-week year. We are closed for major holidays. In the long months, you will get five lessons, short months such as November and December, you will get three lessons, and most months you will get four lessons. The tuition is the SAME each month; i.e. we don’t charge you more when you have five lessons, and we don’t charge you less when you have three lessons in a month. This make everyone’s accounting easier. (The Previous excerpt is from the 2014 Policy and Procedures)
Band Class Openings:
Musicology School of Music has immediate openings in band classes (ages 13-18) for Bass Guitar, Piano, and Back Ground Vocals. If you are interested let your instructor know. Also we have any guitarist or drummers (that have teacher approval) that would like to be in a band, if we have enough interested we will start a new class.
In this Issue
· Student of the Month Battle Clayton
· 2015 Policy Changes
2015 Policy Changes
I hope everyone is doing great and getting ready to enjoy the holidays! This has been a big year for Musicology; a new location, new teachers, a front desk employee, and lots of performance opportunities for our students. Thank each and every one of you for allowing us to be a part of your lives. The teachers and myself often talk about how fortunate and blessed we are to get to teach and play music for a living. It wouldn't be possible without you, so again, we send out a heart-felt thank you to each and every one of you.
With all the changes over the last year, we need to make some changes ourselves to ensure that we continue to give you and/or your child the best possible music education we can provide. Here are the changes we have made and will make:
1. We moved to a new location! Our new location has 12 teaching rooms, a large group lesson/multipurpose room, lots of outdoor space to have concerts outside in the summer time and a recital hall! If anyone hasn't seen the facility, let us know and we'll be glad to give you a tour.
2. We are doing away with the 8 hour notice policy starting immediately. From now on, if you call in advance, you will be given a make-up credit. We always have our Saturday make-up times available, but we are constantly adding more make-up times during the week as well. Each one of our teachers has committed to teach one or more make-up classes per month, so that's at least 14 make-up classes per month our clients have to choose from with a year to use the credit. If you pick your child up from school at 3:00 and they are sick and can't make their 3:30 lesson, give us and call and you can make that lesson up. If you don't call and don't show up, the lesson is still forfeited.
3. We now have 14 teachers on staff. This gives you many more options to schedule your/your child's lessons and allows us to offer instruction on many more musical instruments.
4. We hired front desk help to help answer phones and take care of scheduling issues that arise.
5. Now that we have our own recital hall, we have been having recitals more frequently. Our recitals are and will continue to be free. Many music schools charge a recital fee (we have had to do this in the past) or subtract a lesson from the students for every recital in which the student participates. As long as we have this facility, we will not charge a recital fee again!
6. We have done background checks on every teacher at Musicology. The worst thing a Musicology teacher has on their record is a speeding ticket........because we were rushing to get to Musicology to teach you!!! LOL! Maybe that was just me. :-)
It has been our pleasure to bring these changes to you. However, our operating costs have more than tripled since moving into our new location last February. To cover the cost, we are going to have to go up on our prices, effective January 1, 2015. We are only going up $2.00. If you pay $92.00 per month, it will now be $94.00. If you get the multiple lesson discount and pay $85.00 per month, it will now be $87.00 per month. At this price, we are still one of the most cost effective schools in the area and are offering our clients, we feel, much more bang for their buck! If you have any questions, please feel free to call the office at 256-325-6099.
Thanks so much!
Founder and Co-Owner of Musicology School of Music, LLC
Student of the Month: Battle Clayton
1. What instruments do you take at Musicology? Piano
2. How long have you taken lessons? About a year
3. What are your hobbies besides music? Being with my friends and playing outside.
4. What is your favorite food? Pretty much anything from Sakura.
5. What is the coolest thing you've learned in your lessons in the past three months? Canon in D by Pachelbel
6. What do you like about your teacher? I like that my teacher takes a laid back approach to teaching.
We are so thrilled to share the Musicology Fall Recital 2014 gallery with you. Be sure to view the whole gallery when looking for images of your child(ren). There were two of us taking pictures, so there are multiple images! If you have any questions or requests, please do not hesitate to ask.
As part of the Musicology Family we are excited to offer a discount on digital images as well as prints. Digital images are: 1 image for $5 or 3 images for $10. When you purchase 3 or more digital images, the discounted price will be reflected in your shopping cart. Also, please note that sales tax will be applied to your invoice after you submit your order.
We ask that you do not share any screen shots from your gallery as they produce a very poor quality image on social media sites.
To view the photos from Musicology Fall Recital 2014, click the link below.
Your event password: music101914
Please note you gallery expires on: Nov 13, 2014.
Please place orders by this date.
Warm regards, Cristen
Free Lesson Gift Certificate
Thank you DAN
for referring your friend William
Want a Free Lesson?
Dear Musicology Student,
One of the ways that Musicology is able to grow is by enrolling great students just like you. Please consider referring your friends or family members to the school.
Ask your Instructor for more details.
Group Make Up Class Schedule for November
Beginner Piano: Nov 4th 5:00pm Nov 8th 10:00am Nov 15th 10:00am
Intermediate Piano: Nov 6th 4:00pm Nov 15th 11:00am Nov 20th 4:00pm
Make Up Drum: Nov 6th 4:30pm Nov 22nd 9:00am
Make Up Mallet Nov 15th 9:00am
Make Up String: Every Saturday @ 11:00am
Beginner Voice: Nov. 8th 4:00pm Nov 13th 4:30
Intermediate Voice: Nov 1st 4:00pm Nov 15th 4:00pm
Beginner Guitar: Nov 3rd 7:oopm Nov 8th 9:00am
Intermediate Guitar: Nov 15th 9:00am Nov 17th 7:00pm Nov 29th 9:00am
Musicology School of Music teaches over 600 students a week from the Huntsville / Madison area.